Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Pantone names 2016 color of the year

As you all have heard by now Pantone named Rose Quartz (a light and warm pink) and Serenity (a soft blue) as their colors for 2016. When I initially saw them I thought YUK taking me back to the 1980's when you saw so much mauve and blue. I do have to admit that Rose quartz sounds so much better than mauve.



Mauve and blue in the 1980's - YIKES!


As I sit here and write this I have to admit that I do love both of colors.  Whether they are used alone or combined with other colors they each are calming colors bringing a sense of peace to interiors.


Combining these colors using similar values will maintain this sense of Serenity. (No pun intended)
Below is a color palette to show you complementing colors in the same value

I'd love to hear your thoughts on Pantone's color choice for 2016 . I hope you will take a look at how to use these colors in your home on my pinterest board.






No comments:

Post a Comment