Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Things We Love: A Beautiful Carolina Beach House


             I look forward to every weekend I can steal away at Kiawah.  Even these cold winter weekends make me excited for the warm, beach bum days that are right around the corner.  The beauty and tranquility there reinvigorates and inspires me, so I always look forward to the opportunity to work on a beach project.  I recently finished a project for my fabulous clients and they are always so much fun to work with.  As I worked on that project I began to think of those key elements that create a beach retreat where fun, family, and friends are never out of style! 

Open and Airy

            Let there be light!  Kiss those heavy draperies good bye and consider fresh, crisp linen that allows light to fill your beach house.  Careful space planning creates a sense of openness that welcomes you in from a day on the beach. 

Rustic Hints

            One of my favorite things to do is to stroll down the boardwalk.  Taking in the quaint, nostalgic restaurants and shops throw you back to a different time.  Distressed wood finishes, stone, and rattan are some of my favorite materials to find and use in a beach house.

Have Fun!

            That’s what the beach is all about!  Fun, invigorating splashes of color create a delightfully light-hearted ambiance. 


Here is a sneak peak of my most recent beach project!  I'm still so in love with the fun wallpaper we used in the powder room.  I hope you enjoy it!







Have a great day,

No comments:

Post a Comment