Thursday, March 29, 2018

Making Dreams Come True

Who says dreams can't come true?
I believe you have to make them happen.


I've always wanted to go to India, and while I was visiting my cousin and his wife Liv in Oslo,  I happened to mention this to them.
Well, guess what - Liv said she was planning to attend the largest textile & home show in India that upcoming February!  
Did I want to go, Liv asked?  

Well, of course, I said yes!


What an experience!
And, what luck!
Not only do I now get to travel to India, but I also get to go with someone who has been there numerous times before and combine work into my trip.
Liv took care of all our travel arrangements, leaving me to handle one thing: meet Liv, and her best friend Karin, in Dehli. Done!

I was dreading the 14-hour plane ride, and I did not realize that during that long flight, you never see the sun. At one point, I looked out the window and saw what I thought was a beautiful sunrise. Nope! Tinted windows. To make things even more comical, I allowed myself to be tricked by these windows for hours, continuously.

I love seeing new places from the sky.

Time change is something, isn’t it?
When I arrived in Dehli, it was evening and an entire day ahead of North Carolina.
Thankfully, I hadn’t passed up buying homeopathic jet lag pills at Passport Health, because they were extremely helpful. And that 14-hour plane ride I was dreading so much, not so bad.

At the airport, I was met by my driver, as promised by Liv, and delivered safely to my hotel where I slept comfortably for hours. To be honest, I had expected India to be more chaotic. But to my surprise, everyone was very organized.



So inspiring. There's nothing like the joy one gets from stepping outside of their bubble to experience the world. Curiosity while traveling reinvigorates your senses and sparks your creativity pallet. Gaining experiences outside of what you're used to gives you unique insight into design and architecture that you don’t get to see every day.



I hope you will continue to follow me on my journey for the next few weeks as I share my experiences within Dehli, Jaipur, and Agra. It is during my travels, as seen through a designers eye, where I am taught to live, learn and design differently.


Colorfully yours,


No comments:

Post a Comment