Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Habitat for Humanity Build in El Salvador



            I recently returned from a trip to El Salvador with my father with Habitat Humanity to assist in building a home for a lovely couple.  It was a truly rewarding experience to help make their dream for a new home a reality.  The couple we built a house for were absolutely delightful and we have became fast friends.  I have been so happy to email back and forth with them since my return!


My Father and I getting ready to leave for El Salvador


            It was a very interesting experience using different building materials more readily available in El Salvador.  And boy, did we work hard!  From hauling concrete to stamping down the flooring, I went home exhausted everyday from the job site.  There were a few local boys that came to see us everyday and gave us lots of laughs! I am so thrilled that I was able to be a part of the project and work with a really fun group of volunteers.  Here are a few pictures of our work in progress all the way to our finished project!






The whole team posing in front our finished house

The lovely couple who will be calling our work home!


            During my time in El Salvador I witnessed the resilience of the human spirit and was so impressed by the kindness and warmth my father and I received our entire trip.  We were truly welcomed wherever we went and had such a wonderful time getting to know our fellow volunteers and the locals!  

Have a great day,

No comments:

Post a Comment