Saturday, January 28, 2012

Atlanta Market 2012

Atlanta Market
I can't believe it's taken me this long to write about my visit to the Atlanta market, but I'm still trying to recover.

The January gift show in Atlanta draws from all over the country.  Buzzing with buyers all of us excited  to get inspired with new ideas, colors, styles, shapes and textures and bring those ideas back to our clients so we can offer something special and unique!

Heading down I-85 for a weekend packed with activity, I dragged my better half on his first buying trip.  I don't think my numbers guy had a clue of what was ahead but being the great guy, and husband that he is,  he was a trooper and enjoyed every bit of the excitement.


Our weekend started at Scotts Antique Market, a flea market I've been wanting to attend for years and it just so happened to coincide with America's Mart.  It was a perfect day and I found some great buys.

Saturday, we were off to America's mart.  Having several appointments back to back, we had a tight schedule to adhere to.
There was lots to see with many furniture, accessory and outdoor lines represented in Atlanta

What did I see?

 Artisans sharing their talents at Guild Master




The trend in furniture is reclaimed wood with iron and LOTS of burlap




 Of course my favorite are the textiles:  Kantha (handmade fabrics from layers of vintage sari's) and Turkish Suzani's and Ikats.  Absolutely gorgeous!




No comments:

Post a Comment