Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Mint Museum Potters Market


            Last weekend I attended the 10th Annual Mint Museum Potters Market and it was such a blast.  So many local potters came out for the event, and of course North Carolina boasts the crème-de-la-crème of potters.  Not only does the event draw in local artisans, but it also raises funds to support ceramic acquisitions for the Mint’s collection. Here is a small taste of the gorgeous creations I saw:








            I was absolutely in awe of Eric Serritella and his works, which are one-of-a-kind tromp l’oeil ceramic pieces that resemble birch trees and weathered logs.  Each piece is so delicate, he requested spectators to refrain from touching them.  No wonder, because I could barely keep my hands to myself.  His pieces are so fascinating and intricate, you feel like you need to touch them to believe they’re not wood!



            What a fun experience last weekend and I definitely have some new artists to follow!

Have a great day,

No comments:

Post a Comment