Tuesday, September 2, 2014

2014 Charlotte Yard Art Day


            I hope everyone enjoyed the long Labor Day weekend!   This Monday, I celebrated the long weekend touring the NoDa neighborhood’s submissions for the third annual Yard Art Day.  This fantastic initiative was created by Deborah Triplett and has brought a lot of buzz to our city’s “yardists,” celebrating creativity and community.  Here are just a few of the exciting finds on our walk around the neighborhood. 











            One of my favorite pieces had to be the old iron train complete with tracks.  When I spoke to the homeowner, local artists William and Lauren Puckett, they told me it is was donated by the Johnston YMCA when they recently updated their playground.  Monday’s gorgeous weather was perfect for a walk around the NoDa neighborhood, which of course had to be followed up with a stop at Amelie’s for coffee and macaroons, yum! I hope everyone was able to enjoy Yard Art Day around Charlotte.  Already looking forward to next year!

Have a great day,

No comments:

Post a Comment