Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Dreaming of a Dressing Room?

Dream and Dream Big!

Have you ever thought about having a dressing room? If so, What would it look like?

I was recently asked what my dream dressing room would look like and I immediately started day dreaming... and thinking Glamour...

First of all,  I would want a dressing room with a BIG window and a view so that I could begin and end my day looking at the outdoors. I want to feel happy and organized when I walk in, so with that being said lets get down to the nitty gritty of what I am dreaming about:

There are two must haves in my ideal dressing room. My first would be enough storage so that I could have two separate areas done by season - one side for Fall/Winter, the other for Spring/Summer. My second must have would be a vanity with a beautiful mirror and an additional 10XX lit mirror where I could sit and do my makeup.

I would have a special place for my shoes, placed on shelves with LED lights so that I could see and appreciate each pair.  I would also have a special place for all of my handbags so that I could display them and enjoy each one. I just love the way California Closets designs their closets. The closet pictured below would make me "Ohhh so happy :)".




Because function is of the outmost importance in great design,  a good closet system with plenty of storage and hanging areas would be required. Somewhere within the storage I would love to have an ironing board hidden in a drawer, accessible for a last minute press and easily put away.

Lighting is critical. In addition to recessed lighting I would add  beautiful light fixtures like the one pictured below in a grouping of three pendants.  I love this pendant from Arhaus, its so delicate and feminine just the way I would like to feel in my dressing room.


The walls and ceiling would be covered in wallpaper.  I love the way the Auburn wallpaper by Anna French complements the pendants. I can already see it coming together.




And the finishing touch would be my place to sit and do my makeup with a beautiful vanity and mirror. This mirror made of pressed metal has an antique metallic finish which plays off the pendants and ties the mirrored vanity featured below together to create a unified look.

Plume Mirror

Can't you just imagine it? I love it already!



I love glamour and fashion and purses and shoes and I love to just to dream and Dream Big!




What does your dream dressing room look like? I would love your comments.

Colorfully yours,


SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment