Thursday, January 18, 2018

My word for 2018


Several years ago I attended a workshop by Rosie Molinary on setting goals, creating a vision board and finding your word for the year. I love this idea because each year as the new year approaches I begin to think about what my word for the next year will be. This word is based on the direction I want to take my life and my business in.  This word guides me in my daily actions and sets the intentions I would like to base my year on.

This year my word is Engage, my goal is to be present and engage in the moment of every intention and action I have and in every conversation, encounter and action I take.

Engage


Having a word and thinking about it each day is a wonderful way to keep you focused on what's important in our lives. It's quite different than a new years resolution because there are no disappointments attached to your word.

Now writing your word down and sharing it with the world will help you stay true to yourself and your intentions. This is where a vision board comes in handy. Putting your intention on a vision board and keeping your board in a place where you can see it is important. Since creating my first board I have to admit I've never made another one, I just keep adding to it every year. The goals I have and the things I enjoy doing are still the same as when I initially made the board,  I just  build on it every year.
I suppose this vision board is a good reflection of who I am, what is important to me, what I want out of life and where I want to go.






If you haven't selected your word this year, it's not too late give it a go and if you have some spare time, create a vision board.

I'd love to know your word of the year and why you chose it.
Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment