Thursday, February 21, 2013

Sneak Peek into HGTV's Dream House


I was lucky enough to be in Kiawah, SC for the opening weekend of HGTV's Dream House and I am thrilled to give you a sneak peek into some of my favorite rooms in the house.


 

It's no surprise that my favorite rooms in the house was the kitchen, open to the living space, simple yet elegant.

One of my favorite features in the contemporary kitchen was the back splash; clear, glass panels installed over white walls.  They made the kitchen sparkle, reflecting light and making it look 
Oh so Clean!
The cabinets are sleek, by Siematic and offering a purist kitchen design.  Although they don't scream "beachy,"  they complement the aesthetics of the house beautifully.






 
The kitchen/dining area opened up into the living space.  A  green soothing color, Hearts of Palm, by Sherwin Williams was used in the kitchen and accented in the great room.  a lovely view of the



I love the way the high ceilings were highlighted by the large hanging gate above the fireplace.  Because the room is large and open, two coffee tables were used side by side.  Most of the furniture and accessories in the room were furnished by Ethan Allen

  


Another wonderful feature in the great room were the windows, made by Gayko.
The casement windows open both as tilt and turn with a beautiful view of the marsh.

 

 The lap pool looked delightful!


 I apologize in advance for the poor lighting in some of my photographs, they do not do the room justice.  The master bedroom was lovely, very serene in khaki and sea-foam colors again with a beautiful marsh view. 


                     

The Display case in the master suite was actually one of my favorite pieces of furniture in the house.  It too cam from Ethan Allen

 Master Bath



 Upstairs Loft 
I loved the architectural features used in the ceiling that could be seen from downstairs.


 
View of the downstairs from the upstairs loft


 
HGTV's website  actually has a beautiful picture of the loft.



The combination of blue and white upholstery with a punch of color in the art work, made the room fun and relaxing.



The upstairs bath room was a delight.




 I loved the mirror!



Saving the best for last, my favorite room in the house was the downstairs Play room.  I know I said it was the kitchen but then I had not seen the downstairs yet.

The play room



Yes, it's inside the garage.  But what a cool garage.



 Of course, no play room is complete without a TV and a ping pong table.



While Charlotte was experiencing a blizzard, Kiawah Island was delightful.  I took lots of pictures of all of the rooms, so if there is something in particular you would like to see, contact me and I'm happy to share.  Otherwise, if your in need of a little vacation, Kiawah is the place to go and don't miss HGTV's Dream House

No comments:

Post a Comment